08:00 - 09:30
Registration, Refreshments and Networking
09:30 - 09:35
Chair's Opening Remarks
Open Data Institute (Confirmed)
09:35 - 09:55
Opening Keynote | GOV.UK: How a Single Domain can Transform Government
- The Government Digital Service (GDS) set up GOV.UK – the single website for the UK government – over 7 years ago, bringing more than 175 services across 25 ministerial departments and 385 public bodies on to a single domain.
- GOV.UK provides vital information, supports people in complex life events and helps departments deliver on cross-cutting policy challenges.
- GOV.UK is the digital face of government. It is where users interact with government. This gives it a unique opportunity to transform the way government works for people.
Head of GOV.UK
Government Digital Service (Confirmed)
09:55 - 10:15
Developing the Right Governance and Ethics for Data-driven Technologies: The Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation
- Protecting privacy and understanding citizens’ fears and priorities in order to promote trust around data-driven technologies
- Shaping recommendations and advice for policy and regulatory action to support responsible and ethical innovation
- Analysing and anticipating the opportunities and risks posed by the greater use of data in transforming citizen experience
The Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation(Confirmed)
10:15 - 10:25
Questions & Answers
10:25 - 10:45